Compared to 2020, 2021 looks like a depressing year overall for me. Here’s what has happened during 2021.
- Laid off and changed jobs at the start of the year
- Got a new job
- Affected and recovered from Covid
- Vaccinated against Covid
- Struggling with WLB balancing OMSCS and work
- Not much in terms of self learning
- Health is a mess. Sedentary lifestyle is bad for my health.
- Poor time management skills and a lot of procrastination
Having said that, I look forward to 2022 being a better year than 2021. Here are the goals I wish to accomplish in that year.
- Better health and fitness. I should honestly take my bodyweight training more seriously and get my first pull up (and more).
- Better WLB.
- Focus on using teachyourselfcs for getting better at my CS fundamentals
- Write book reviews for technical books that I read. At least 1-2 books a month.
- Learn a functional programming - using Haskell/OCaml/Scala.
- Learn a language other than Python. I’m looking at Go/C/Java/CPP. I think I can use Go as a daily driver and try to migrate many of my python scripts. The remaining languages can be learnt on the fly as and when required.
Wishing everyone a very happy new year 😃